Thanksgiving weekend features a plateful of college football games on Saturday, Nov. 28. COVID-19 continues to wreak havoc with the schedule (Ohio State-Illinois was canceled on Friday night) but there are still plenty of intriguing games on the docket. Some of the sport's top rivalries will be renewed, highlighted by the Iron Bowl and Egg Bowl. There also are some important conference games on Saturday as the regular season has reached the home stretch with just a few more weeks left.
So if you're wondering "What college football games are on today?" know this: There are 36 involving FBS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, Nov. 28.
Note: All times are ET. Times and broadcast outlets are subject to change.
Best College Football Games on TV Today
Kentucky at No. 6 Florida, 12 p.m. on ESPN
Undefeated Florida has dominated the series with Kentucky, winning 32 of the last 33 meetings. Can a Wildcats team depleted by COVID-19 stun the Gators in Gainesville?
Penn State at Michigan, 12 p.m. on ABC
Try and forget the records, although it's hard. This is still an important game for both teams, probably more so for Penn State. What will Michigan fans say if Jim Harbaugh's team loses at home to a winless Nittany Lions squad?
No. 22 Auburn at No. 1 Alabama, 3:30 p.m. on CBS
It's the Iron Bowl and while Nick Saban won't be on the sidelines, Alabama should have no trouble getting fired up for this game considering what happened last year. Can Auburn be the team that finally slows down the Crimson Tide this season?
Pitt at No. 3 Clemson, 3:30 p.m. on ABC
Clemson is probably still sore over last week's late cancellation against Florida State. But the Tigers can't stew in their own juices too much going up against a Pittsburgh team that is rolling right now and has one of the ACC's top defenses.
Mississippi State at Ole Miss, 4 p.m. on SEC Network
The Egg Bowl is always a big game and this will be the first for head coaches Mike Leach and Lane Kiffin. A win would go a long way towards salvaging each team's seasons and everyone in Mississippi hasn't forgotten about how last year's game ended.
San Jose State at Boise State, 4 p.m. on FOX
Undefeated Mountain West teams clash on the Smurf Turf. Boise State is extremely familiar with this situation, but the same can't be said for San Jose State. Can the Spartans shock the defending conference champions on their home turf?
LSU at No. 5 Texas A&M, 7 p.m. on ESPN
It’s been a rough season for LSU while Texas A&M is right in the thick of the hunt for a College Football Playoff berth. These teams have waged some incredible battles recently, although the Aggies would probably love to exact a little payback for last year's 50-7 drubbing in Baton Rouge by the eventual national champions.
Other NCAAF Games on TV Today
- Maryland at No. 12 Indiana, 12 p.m. on ESPN2
- Texas Tech at No. 23 Oklahoma State, 12 p.m. on FOX
- Vanderbilt at Missouri, 12 p.m. on SEC Network
- Northern Illinois at Western Michigan, 12 p.m. on ESPN+
- Kent State at Buffalo, 12 p.m. on CBSSN
- Bowling Green at Ohio, 12 p.m. on ESPNU/ESPN+
- Ball State at Toledo, 12 p.m. on ESPN3
- NC State at Syracuse, 12 p.m. on ACC Network
- SMU at East Carolina, 12 p.m. on ESPN+
- Georgia Southern at Georgia State, 12 p.m. on ESPN3
- UTEP at Rice, 1 p.m. on ESPN3
- Miami (Ohio) at Akron, 1 p.m. on ESPN3
- No. 20 Coastal Carolina at Texas State, 3 p.m. on ESPN+
- North Texas at UTSA, 3 p.m. on Stadium
- South Alabama at Arkansas State, 3 p.m. on ESPN3
- Louisiana at ULM, 3 p.m. on ESPN3
- No. 8 Northwestern at Michigan State, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN
- Louisville at Boston College, 4 p.m. on ACC Network
- Rutgers at Purdue, 4 p.m. on FS1
- San Diego State at Colorado, 5 p.m. on Pac-12 Networks
- Duke at Georgia Tech, 7 p.m. on RSN/ESPN3
- Kansas State at Baylor, 7 p.m. on ESPN2
- No. 9 Georgia at South Carolina, 7:30 p.m. on SEC Network
- Utah at Washington, 7:30 p.m. on ABC
- Troy at Appalachian State, 8 p.m. on ESPNU
- Virginia at Florida State, 8 p.m. on ACC Network
- TCU at Kansas, 8 p.m. on FS1
- Arizona at UCLA, 8 p.m. on FOX
- Nevada at Hawaii, 11 p.m. on Spectrum PPV
Podcast: Week 13 Preview and Predictions + Interview with Kirk Herbstreit