Week 5 of the college football season ushers in a full slate of conference action on Saturday, Oct. 2. There also are a couple of intriguing non-conference matchups on tap, including a highly anticipated one involving top-10 teams.
So if you're wondering "What college football games are on today?" know this: There are 57 involving FBS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, Oct. 2.
Note: All times are ET.
Best College Football Games on TV Today
No. 8 Arkansas at No. 2 Georgia, 12 p.m. on ESPN
It's been a while (as in more than 50 years) since Arkansas and Georgia have played in a game like this, where both teams are ranked in the top 10, but if the Razorbacks and Bulldogs play as they have been, Saturday's showdown between the hedges should be worth the wait.
No. 14 Michigan at Wisconsin, 12 p.m. on FOX
Michigan is undefeated, rolling over teams on the ground, while Wisconsin is picking up the pieces after getting blitzed by Notre Dame in the fourth quarter last weekend. The thing to remember about that game is that the defense only gave up one of the four touchdowns the Irish scored. Can the Wolverines continue their success on the ground against the Badgers?
Texas at TCU, 12 p.m. on ABC
TCU has more than had Texas' number recently with six wins in the last seven meetings. Now that the Longhorns seem to have found their footing on offense, can Steve Sarkisian help them solve the Horned Frogs?
No. 7 Cincinnati at No. 9 Notre Dame, 2:30 p.m. on NBC
This one has been circled for a while and credit to both teams for doing their part in making this a top-10 showdown between undefeated teams. It doesn't hurt that Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly and defensive coordinator Marcus Freeman both have personal and professional ties to Cincinnati either.
No. 4 Oregon at Stanford, 3:30 p.m. on ABC
Not too long ago, this was the definitive rivalry in the Pac-12. Oregon has since passed Stanford in the conference's pecking order, but that doesn't mean the Cardinal aren't capable of handing the Ducks their first loss.
No. 6 Oklahoma at Kansas State, 3:30 p.m. on FOX
There's only one Big 12 team that Oklahoma hasn't beaten in the last two years. Kansas State can pull off the rare trifecta with another upset of the Sooners, this time at home. OU could use a statement game after surviving a nailbiter last week against West Virginia.
No. 12 Ole Miss at No. 1 Alabama, 3:30 p.m. on CBS
Alabama is undefeated, but Florida made the Crimson Tide sweat it out two weeks ago in the Swamp. Can Ole Miss' high-octane offense stress Bama's D in Tuscaloosa? It's always entertaining when Lane Kiffin is involved even before you consider his ties to Nick Saban and the fact that these two teams combined for 111 points in Oxford last season (Tide won 63-48).
No. 10 Florida at Kentucky, 6 p.m. on ESPN
Florida has dominated the series with Kentucky and has won 16 in a row on the Wildcats' own turf. Can UK turn the tables on the Gators?
No. 21 Baylor at No. 19 Oklahoma State, 7 p.m. on ESPN2
Entering the season, few probably expected both Baylor and Oklahoma State to be undefeated by the end of September, but here we are. Both teams have leaned heavily on their defense thus far, so don't expect this one to follow a typical Big 12 game script (i.e, high scoring).
Indiana at No. 4 Penn State, 7:30 p.m. on ABC
Penn State has been waiting nearly a year for another shot at Indiana after the Hoosiers shocked the Nittany Lions in overtime to open the truncated 2020 season. Entering this encounter, James Franklin's team is clicking on all cylinders while Tom Allen's bunch has already lost twice. Expect Beaver Stadium to be raucous for this prime-time affair.
No. 22 Auburn at LSU, 9 p.m. on ESPN
Auburn is the ranked set of Tigers entering this game but had to pull off a semi-miraculous comeback just to beat Georgia State at home last weekend. Meanwhile, LSU has won three in a row and once against has one of the SEC's top passing attacks. The running game is a different story, however, and that offensive imbalance (Auburn is fourth in the conference in rushing) could be the key to this one.
Arizona State at No. 20 UCLA, 10:30 p.m. on FS1
It's still early, but this game could go a long way towards deciding the outcoming of the Pac-12 South race. Both Arizona State and UCLA enter this one with identical records (3-1, 1-0 Pac-12), and the Bruins won last season's meeting in Tempe on a touchdown with a little more than a minute remaining. Don't be surprised this one goes down to the wire as well (unless either team is able to run wild).
Other NCAAF Games on TV Today
- Memphis at Temple, 12 p.m. on ESPNU
- Western Michigan at Buffalo, 12 p.m. on CBSSN
- Pitt at Georgia Tech, 12 p.m. on ACC Network
- Tennessee at Missouri, 12 p.m. on SEC Network
- Duke at North Carolina, 12 p.m. on ESPN2
- Toledo at UMass, 12 p.m. on FloFootball/NESN or NESN+
- Minnesota at Purdue, 12 p.m. on Big Ten Network
- Charlotte at Illinois, 12 p.m. on Big Ten Network
- Louisville at No. 24 Wake Forest, 12:30 p.m. on RSN/ESPN3
- Appalachian State at Georgia State, 2 p.m. on ESPN+
- USC at Colorado, 2 p.m. on Pac-12 Networks
- ULM at No. 16 Coastal Carolina, 2:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Eastern Michigan at Northern Illinois, 2:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- No. 11 Ohio State at Rutgers, 3:30 p.m. on Big Ten Network
- Ohio at Akron, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN3
- Central Michigan at Miami (Ohio), 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- UCF at Navy, 3:30 p.m. on CBSSN
- Tulane at East Carolina, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Nevada at Boise State, 3:30 p.m. on FS1
- Bowling Green at Kent State, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Texas Tech at West Virginia, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN2
- Syracuse at Florida State, 3:30 p.m. on ACC Network
- FIU at Florida Atlantic, 3:30 p.m. on Stadium
- Troy at South Carolina, 3:30 p.m. on SEC Network
- USF at SMU, 4 p.m. on ESPNU
- Arkansas State at Georgia Southern, 4 p.m. on ESPN+
- Army at Ball State, 5 p.m. on ESPN+
- Washington State at California, 5:30 p.m. on Pac-12 Networks
- Louisiana Tech at No. 23 NC State, 6 p.m. on ACC Network Extra/ESPN+
- UNLV at UTSA, 6 p.m. on ESPN+
- Southern Miss at Rice, 6:30 p.m. on ESPN3
- Air Force at New Mexico, 6:30 p.m. on FS2
- Mississippi State at No. 15 Texas A&M, 7 p.m. on SEC Network
- Liberty at UAB, 7 p.m. on CBSSN
- Marshall at Middle Tennessee, 7 p.m. on Stadium
- Kansas at Iowa State, 7 p.m. on FS1
- UConn at Vanderbilt, 7:30 p.m. on ESPNU
- WKU at No. 17 Michigan State, 7:30 p.m. on Big Ten Network
- Boston College at No. 25 Clemson, 7:30 p.m. on ACC Network
- Northwestern at Nebraska, 7:30 p.m. on Big Ten Network
- Louisiana at South Alabama, 8 p.m. on ESPN+
- Old Dominion at UTEP, 9 p.m. on ESPN+
- Washington at Oregon State, 9 p.m. on Pac-12 Networks
- New Mexico State at San Jose State, 10:30 p.m. on NBCSCA
- No. 18 Fresno State at Hawaii, 11 p.m. on CBSSN
Podcast: Complete Week 5 Preview and Predictions + Picks Against the Spread