Week 8 of the 2022 college football season rolls on with an intriguing slate of games Saturday, Oct. 22. Even with several ranked teams on bye, fans will still be treated to some significant matchups, including one between undefeated teams, a top-10 showdown in the Pac-12, and a pair of key clashes in the Big 12.
So if you're wondering "What college football games are on today?" know this: There are 49 involving FBS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, Oct. 22.
Note: Games are ordered by start time. All times are ET. Live stream college football on fuboTV (Start your free trial).
Best College Football Games on TV Today
Iowa has one of the better defenses in the country but it has yet to face an offense like Ohio State's. Buckeyes also would like a little payback for the 31-point beatdown handed to them by the Hawkeyes the last time these teams met (2017).
Both Syracuse and Clemson are undefeated so there's plenty on the line in this one besides first place in the ACC Atlantic. Orange have never defeated the Tigers in Memorial Stadium but they won't be intimidated by the task either.
Both of these teams have lost two in a row entering this contest, so consider it a get-right opportunity. Kansas is already bowl eligible while Baylor is trying to get on the right side of .500.
Ole Miss is undefeated and currently in the driver's seat in the SEC West but LSU is right behind. The Tigers have won six in a row in Death Valley against the Rebels. Can Brian Kelly's team create a logjam in the division by handing Lane Kiffin's team its first L?
UCLA is undefeated while Oregon hasn't lost since its opener against No. 1 Georgia. The Bruins have plenty of firepower but so do the Ducks, who are at home, and they have been better on defense (minus that blowout loss to the defending national champions). The winner of this showdown takes control of the Pac-12 race and also positions itself as the conference's best hope to make the College Football Playoff.
Texas has won three in a row while Oklahoma State is looking to bounce back from its first loss of the season. Both teams are very much in the thick of the Big 12 race but the loser will be looking at a two-game deficit.
Both teams lost last week but more attention will be paid to see how well Alabama rebounds. Mississippi State likes to throw the ball all over the field just like Tennessee, so the Crimson Tide defense will get a chance to redeem itself. Meanwhile, the Bulldogs have a chance to hang back-to-back losses on Bama, an extremely rare feat during Nick Saban's tenure.
TCU is the only undefeated Big 12 team left standing but Kansas State has yet to lose in conference play. Both teams feature productive offenses but they have different approaches. It will be interesting to see which style wins out or if one of the defenses rises to the challenge.
Other NCAAF Games on TV Today
- UT Martin at No. 3 Tennessee, 12 p.m. on SEC Network
- No. 21 Cincinnati at SMU, 12 p.m. on ESPN
- Indiana at Rutgers, 12 p.m. on Big Ten Network
- Houston at Navy, 12 p.m. on ESPNU
- ULM at Army, 12 p.m. on CBSSN
- Akron at Kent State, 12 p.m. on ESPN+
- Duke at Miami, 12:30 p.m. on RSN/ESPN3
- Toledo at Buffalo, 1 p.m. on ESPN+
- Bowling Green at Central Michigan, 1 p.m. on ESPN3
- Eastern Michigan at Ball State, 2 p.m. on ESPN+
- Northern Illinois at Ohio, 2 p.m. on ESPN+
- UNLV at Notre Dame, 2:30 p.m. on Peacock
- West Virginia at Texas Tech, 3 p.m. on FS1
- Rice at Louisiana Tech, 3 p.m. on ESPN+
- Boston College at No. 13 Wake Forest, 3:30 p.m. on ACC Network
- Memphis at No. 25 Tulane, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN2
- Purdue at Wisconsin, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN
- BYU at Liberty, 3:30 p.m. on ESPNU
- Western Michigan at Miami (Ohio), 3:30 p.m. on CBSSN
- Northwestern at Maryland, 3:30 p.m. on Big Ten Network
- North Texas at UTSA, 3:30 p.m. on Stadium
- Marshall at James Madison, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Georgia Southern at Old Dominion, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- FIU at Charlotte, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN3
- Vanderbilt at Missouri, 4 p.m. on SEC Network
- Arizona State at Stanford, 4 p.m. on Pac-12 Networks
- Florida Atlantic at UTEP, 4 p.m. on ESPN+
- Hawaii at Colorado State, 4 p.m. on Spectrum
- Southern Miss at Texas State, 5 p.m. on ESPN+
- Arkansas State at Louisiana, 5 p.m. on ESPN+
- San Jose State at New Mexico State, 6 p.m. on FloSports
- Fresno State at New Mexico, 6:30 p.m. on FS2
- Boise State at Air Force, 7 p.m. on CBSSN
- Minnesota at No. 16 Penn State, 7:30 p.m. on ABC
- Texas A&M at South Carolina, 7:30 p.m. on SEC Network
- UCF at East Carolina, 7:30 p.m. on ESPNU
- Pitt at Louisville, 8 p.m. on ACC Network
- Colorado at Oregon State, 8 p.m. on Pac-12 Networks
- Utah State at Wyoming, 9:45 p.m. on FS2
- Washington at California, 10:30 p.m. on ESPN
- San Diego State at Nevada, 10:30 p.m. on CBSSN
How to Watch College Football This Season
fuboTV has complete NCAA college football coverage (CBS, FOX, ESPN) as well as ACC Network, Big Ten Network, ESPNU, Pac-12 Networks, and more. fuboTV includes every network you need to watch every college football game in your market.