Week 8 of the college football season includes a variety of matchups on Saturday, Oct. 23. There are plenty of key conference pairings on tap but also a handful of non-conference games, including the best cross-sectional rivalry in the sport.
So if you're wondering "What college football games are on today?" know this: There are 45 involving FBS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, Oct. 23.
Note: All times are ET.
Best College Football Games on TV Today
No. 8 Oklahoma State at Iowa State, 3:30 p.m. on FOX
Iowa State appears to be rounding into form as Oklahoma State has rattled off six straight wins. A win by the Cowboys would put them in the driver's seat with Oklahoma for a spot in the Big 12 Championship Game, while an upset by the Cyclones would make things much more interesting down the stretch.
No. 10 Oregon at UCLA, 3:30 p.m. on ABC
Chip Kelly's current team hosts his former team, but the more important storyline is both Oregon and UCLA are very much alive for a possible division title and could meet again down the road depending on how things play out. Should make for a fun encounter in the Rose Bowl.
LSU at No. 12 Ole Miss, 3:30 p.m. on CBS
Even with all the stuff that LSU is dealing with related to Ed Orgeron's impending departure, the fact remains that the Tigers can still play a big role in how the SEC shakes out. Their first opportunity to play spoiler comes against an Ole Miss team that's trying to keep pace with Alabama.
Clemson at No. 23 Pittsburgh, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN
Clemson is a rare underdog for this one while Pittsburgh currently leads the ACC Coastal. But the Tigers are more than just mere spoilers, as the door to a division title and New Year's Six bowl isn't completely shut just yet. But a win in the Steel City over a ranked Panthers team is a must.
Tennessee at No. 4 Alabama, 7 p.m. on ESPN
The "Third Saturday in October" series has been dominated by Alabama to the tune of 14 straight wins. Tennessee can really shake things up with a win in Tuscaloosa.
No. 5 Ohio State at Indiana, 7:30 p.m. on ABC
Last year, these two teams put on an entertaining back-and-forth affair that went down to the wire in Columbus. It's been a struggle for Indiana this season, but you know the Hoosiers will be amped up to try and put a dent in Ohio State's postseason aspirations under the lights in Bloomington.
USC at No. 13 Notre Dame, 7:30 p.m. on NBC
One of the greatest rivalries in college football history has lost its luster due to USC's own decline, but it doesn't change the fact that these teams don't like each other. Notre Dame is hanging around on the outer edges of the College Football Playoff conversation but knows it can't afford another loss.
Utah at Oregon State, 7:30 p.m. on Pac-12 Networks
It's possible that this could be a Pac-12 Championship Game preview, but for now, Utah would just like to extend its winning streak while Oregon State has another opportunity to show it's a real threat out west.
Other NCAAF Games on TV Today
- No. 2 Cincinnati at Navy, 12 p.m. on ESPN2
- No. 3 Oklahoma at Kansas, 12 p.m. on ESPN
- Northwestern at No. 6 Michigan, 12 p.m. on FOX
- Illinois at No. 7 Penn State, 12 p.m. on ABC
- No. 16 Wake Forest at Army, 12 p.m. on CBSSN
- Northern Illinois at Central Michigan, 12 p.m. on ESPNU
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Arkansas, 12 p.m. on SEC Network
- UMass at Florida State, 12 p.m. on ACC Network
- Kansas State at Texas Tech, 12 p.m. on FS1
- Eastern Michigan at Bowling Green, 12 p.m. on ESPN+
- Syracuse at Virginia Tech, 12:30 p.m. on RSN/ESPN3
- Kent State at Ohio, 1 p.m. on ESPN+
- Texas State at Georgia State, 2 p.m. on ESPN+
- Wisconsin at No. 25 Purdue, 3 p.m. on BTN
- Buffalo at Akron, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- New Mexico at Wyoming, 3:30 p.m. on Stadium
- Colorado at California, 3:30 p.m. on Pac-12 Networks
- Western Michigan at Toledo, 3:30 p.m. on CBSSN
- Miami (Ohio) at Ball State, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Rice at UAB, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- BYU at Washington State, 3:30 p.m. on FS1
- Maryland at Minnesota, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN2
- Liberty at North Texas, 4 p.m. on ESPN+
- Mississippi State at Vanderbilt, 4 p.m. on SEC Network
- Boston College at Louisville, 4 p.m. on ACC Network
- East Carolina at Houston, 4 p.m. on ESPNU
- No. 22 San Diego State at Air Force, 7 p.m. on CBSSN
- No. 24 UTSA at Louisiana Tech, 7 p.m. on Stadium
- South Alabama at ULM, 7 p.m. on ESPN3
- Nevada at Fresno State, 7 p.m. on FS2
- Temple at USF, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- WKU at FIU, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- South Carolina at No. 17 Texas A&M, 7:30 p.m. on SEC Network
- No. 18 NC State at Miami, 7:30 p.m. on ESPN2
- West Virginia at TCU, 7:30 p.m. on ESPNU
- Georgia Tech at Virginia, 7:30 p.m. on ACC Network
- New Mexico State at Hawaii, 11:59 p.m. on Spectrum PPV
Podcast: Previewing Week 8 + CFB Expansion + Washington State Coaching Search