There are 47 games on Saturday
College football fans should settle in and get comfortable this weekend with a jam-packed slate of big games on tap for Saturday, Nov. 16. Conference races have really started to come into focus and several matchups will have a significant impact on the upcoming bowl season and how the next set of College Football Playoff rankings will look when they are unveiled Tuesday night.
So if you're wondering "What college football games are on today?" know this: There are 47 involving FBS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, Nov. 16.
Note: Games are ordered by start time. All times are ET.
Best College Football Games on TV Today
Wisconsin at Nebraska, 12 p.m. on BTN
If the Badgers have any hope of catching Minnesota in the Big Ten West they can't afford any more losses (and also will need some help). The Cornhuskers have to win two of their final three games to simply go bowling. Wisconsin has won past six games vs. Nebraska and most of them haven't been close.
Michigan State at Michigan, 12 p.m. on FOX
Forget the fact neither team is going to win the Big Ten East, there's no love lost between these in-state rivals. Spartans have more on the line as they need two more wins to become bowl eligible. Wolverines haven't won two in a row in this series since taking six straight from 2002-07. And Jim Harbaugh just needs to win these types of games, period.
Navy at Notre Dame, 2:30 p.m. on NBC
It's been more than 40 years since both teams were ranked at the time of their meeting. Midshipmen have turned things around in a big way and could end up playing for the AAC title. They also have an outside shot at crashing the New Year's Six party. The Fighting Irish aren't going back to the College Football Playoff but have their sights set on their own marquee bowl invite.
Wake Forest at Clemson, 3:30 p.m. on ABC
The Tigers have already secured their spot in the ACC Championship Game and are fully focused on defending their national title. The Demon Deacons stubbed their toe last week but can make a huge statement by knocking off the champs in Death Valley. It won't be easy as Clemson has beaten Wake Forest 10 straight times.
Georgia at Auburn, 3:30 p.m. on CBS
Bulldogs have won the past two editions of the "Deep South's Oldest Rivalry" to take a slight edge (59-56-8) in the series with the Tigers. Auburn has a couple of chances to play spoiler, starting with this one at home. Georgia has two more hurdles (next week vs. Texas A&M) to clear to secure a spot in the SEC Championship Game and improve its standing in the eyes of the CFP Selection Committee.
Texas at Iowa State, 3:30 p.m. on FS1
Longhorns must win to have a shot at making the Big 12 Championship Game. Cyclones have not beaten Texas since Matt Campbell took over (0-3). Iowa State becomes bowl eligible with a win over the Horns.
Minnesota at Iowa, 4 p.m. on FOX
Gophers have won nine in a row, thrusting themselves into the College Football Playoff discussion in the process. Hawkeyes are always a tough out in Kinnick Stadium. Will Minnesota's dream season continue or will Iowa give P.J. Fleck's team a rude awakening?
LSU at Ole Miss, 7 p.m. on ESPN
The top-ranked Tigers are in the driver's seat in both the SEC West and the College Football Playoff rankings. Surely they won't let an Ole Miss team that needs to win out to go bowling to stand in their way. Does LSU need to be on upset alert in Oxford?
Oklahoma at Baylor, 7:30 p.m. on ABC
Bears are undefeated but the Sooners are ranked higher. Big 12 is on the outside looking in at the College Football Playoff right now but a statement win by either team could change that. We also could be revisiting this matchup in a couple of weeks in Arlington, Texas.
Other NCAAF Games on TV Today
- Tulane at Temple, 12 p.m. on ESPNU
- UMass at Northwestern, 12 p.m. on BTN
- VMI at Army, 12 p.m. on CBSSN
- Alabama at Mississippi State, 12 p.m. on ESPN
- Alabama State at Florida State, 12 p.m. on RSN
- Florida at Missouri, 12 p.m. on CBS
- Indiana at Penn State, 12 p.m. on ABC
- Kansas at Oklahoma State, 12 p.m. on FS1
- TCU at Texas Tech, 12 p.m. on ESPN2
- UTEP at UAB, 1 p.m. on ESPN3
- Idaho State at BYU, 3 p.m. on BYUtv/ESPN3
- Coastal Carolina at Arkansas State, 3 p.m. on ESPN+
- Troy at Texas State, 3 p.m. on ESPN3
- ULM at Georgia Southern, 3 p.m. on ESPN+
- Ohio State at Rutgers, 3:30 p.m. on BTN
- West Virginia at Kansas State, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN
- Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech, 3:30 p.m. on RSN
- Memphis at Houston, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN2
- Central Michigan at Ball State, 3:30 p.m. on CBSSN
- Kentucky at Vanderbilt, 3:30 p.m. on SECN
- Wyoming at Utah State, 4 p.m. on ESPNU
- Syracuse at Duke, 4 p.m. on ACCN
- Hawaii at UNLV, 4 p.m. on Spectrum PPV/MWN
- Incarnate Word at New Mexico State, 4 p.m. on FloSports
- Rice at Middle Tennessee, 4:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Stanford at Washington State, 4:30 p.m. on Pac-12N
- Louisiana at South Alabama, 5 p.m. on ESPN+
- Southern Miss at UTSA, 6 p.m. on ESPN+
- Air Force at Colorado State, 7 p.m. on ESPN2
- Cincinnati at USF, 7 p.m. on CBSSN
- South Carolina at Texas A&M, 7:30 p.m. on SECN
- Appalachian State at Georgia State, 7:30 p.m. on ESPNU
- Arizona State at Oregon State, 7:30 p.m. on FS1
- Louisville at NC State, 7:30 p.m. on ACCN
- UCLA at Utah, 8 p.m. on FOX
- New Mexico at Boise State, 10:15 p.m. on ESPN2
- Arizona at Oregon, 10:30 p.m. on ESPN
- USC at California, 11 p.m. on FS1