This Saturday could be one of the most important of the college football season with 42 games on tap for Nov. 9. With the initial College Football Playoff rankings out, some of Saturday's games have taken on even more significance. There are important conference games across the country involving the Big 12, Big Ten, and Pac-12 as well as a certain matchup with SEC and playoff ramifications taking place in Tuscaloosa.
So if you're wondering "What college football games are on today?" know this: There are 42 involving FBS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, Nov. 9.
Note: Games are ordered by start time. All times are ET.
Best College Football Games on TV Today
Penn State at Minnesota, 12 p.m. on ABC
Undefeated Big Ten teams clash in Minneapolis. The Nittany Lions are currently in the coveted fourth spot in the College Football Playoff rankings but can't afford any slip-ups. The Golden Gophers can just about salt away the division title with a victory at home.
Baylor at TCU, 12 p.m. on FS1
The undefeated Bears sit atop the Big 12 standings and are in the thick of the College Football Playoff discussion. The Horned Frogs still have work to do to go bowling but have beaten Baylor four straight times. Bears better bring their A-game to Fort Worth.
LSU at Alabama, 3:30 p.m. on CBS
It may not be the "Game of the Century," but it's certainly the game of the week and this season to date. Both teams may be known more for defense, but this year the Tigers and Crimson Tide are averaging more than 46 points per game. Joe Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa have a chance to make a Heisman statement.
Kansas State at Texas, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN
The Wildcats are still riding high from their big upset of the Sooners two weeks ago and have won three in a row. The Longhorns need a W or risk falling out of the running for a spot in the Big 12 Championship Game.
USC at Arizona State, 3:30 p.m. on ABC
The Trojans are still licking their wounds from last week's shellacking at home courtesy of Oregon. USC needs to bounce back to stay close to Utah in the Pac-12 South standings. The Sun Devils have lost two in a row and would like to put an end to their skid and secure a bowl berth in the process.
Iowa at Wisconsin, 4 p.m. on FOX
The winner stays within shouting distance of Minnesota in the Big Ten West race and gives a boost to their bowl positioning. Hawkeyes have won two in a row while the Badgers have dropped their last two. Wisconsin has won the last three in the series.
Tennessee at Kentucky, 7:30 p.m. on SECN
Neither team's record is impressive, but the Volunteers have won two in a row and are showing signs of progress under head coach Jeremy Pruitt. Both teams are still two wins why of bowl eligibility, so this is a critical matchup in a rivalry that Tennessee has historically dominated (leads 80-25-9). Wildcats won the last time these two teams played in Lexington (2017).
Iowa State at Oklahoma, 8 p.m. on FOX
The Sooners have had two weeks to stew over the upset loss to Kansas State. Meanwhile, the Cyclones are looking to bounce back themselves and can't afford another loss if they want any real shot at playing in the Big 12 Championship Game. Oklahoma fans haven't forgotten what happened last time Iowa State came to Norman.
Other NCAAF Games on TV Today
- Vanderbilt at Florida, 12 p.m. on ESPN
- WKU at Arkansas, 12 p.m. on SECN
- UMass at Army, 12 p.m. on CBSSN
- Purdue at Northwestern, 12 p.m. on BTN
- Texas Tech at West Virginia, 12 p.m. on ESPN2
- Maryland at Ohio State, 12 p.m. on FOX
- Florida State at Boston College, 12 p.m. on ACCN
- East Carolina at SMU, 12 p.m. on ESPNU
- Georgia Tech at Virginia, 12:30 p.m. on RSN
- UTSA at Old Dominion, 2 p.m. on ESPN3
- South Alabama at Texas State, 3 p.m. on ESPN3
- Charlotte at UTEP, 3 p.m. on ESPN+
- Stanford at Colorado, 3 p.m. on Pac-12N
- Wake Forest at Virginia Tech, 3:30 p.m. on ACCN
- Louisville at Miami, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN2
- UAB at Southern Miss, 3:30 p.m. on NFLN
- Georgia Southern at Troy, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- UConn at Cincinnati, 3:30 p.m. on CBSSN
- Illinois at Michigan State, 3:30 p.m. on FS1
- New Mexico State at Ole Miss, 4 p.m. on SECN
- North Texas at Louisiana Tech, 4 p.m. on Facebook
- Georgia State at ULM, 5 p.m. on ESPN+
- FIU at Florida Atlantic, 6 p.m. on Stadium
- Appalachian State at South Carolina, 7 p.m. on ESPN2
- Missouri at Georgia, 7 p.m. on ESPN
- Utah State at Fresno State, 7 p.m. on CBSSN
- Washington State at California, 7 p.m. on Pac-12N
- Notre Dame at Duke, 7:30 p.m. on ACCN
- Liberty at BYU, 7:30 p.m. on ESPNU
- Clemson at NC State, 7:30 p.m. on ABC
- Wyoming at Boise State, 10:15 p.m. on ESPN
- Nevada at San Diego State, 10:30 p.m. on ESPN2
- San Jose State at Hawaii, 11 p.m. on Spectrum Sports
Note: Air Force at New Mexico has been postponed and rescheduled for Nov. 23 following the death of a New Mexico player.