Get ready for 55 games on Saturday
Conference action is set to really heat up in Week 8 of the college football season with a full slate of important games on Saturday, Oct. 19. Will another of the remaining undefeated teams fall just like last weekend? And will the saying "records don't matter" hold true when it comes to some of the rivalry games on tap?
So if you're wondering "What college football games are on today?" know this: There are 55 involving FBS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, Oct. 19.
Note: Games are ordered by start time. All times are ET.
Best College Football Games on TV Today
Florida at South Carolina, 12 p.m. on ESPN
The Gators put up a fight but came up short in Baton Rouge against undefeated LSU last week. The Gamecocks knocked Georgia from the undefeated ranks with a thrilling, double-overtime win in Athens. Can South Carolina make it two upsets of a top-10 team in a row?
LSU at Mississippi State, 3:30 p.m. on CBS
The Tigers keep piling up the points and winning games. The Bulldogs are having trouble doing either. But Mississippi State dominated LSU the last time these SEC West rivals played in Starkville (2017). Will the SEC play host to another massive upset
Oregon at Washington, 3:30 p.m. on ABC
The Ducks could be the Pac-12's best (and only?) shot at making the College Football Playoff but the Huskies aren't going to go down without a fight. These two teams really don't like each other and needed overtime to decide things last season.
Baylor at Oklahoma State, 4 p.m. on FOX
The Bears are tied with Oklahoma atop the Big 12 standings and one of the few undefeated teams left standing. The Cowboys can't afford another conference loss if they want any shot at playing for the tile. Baylor has won four of the past five meetings with Oklahoma State's victory in that span coming in Stillwater two years ago.
Arizona State at Utah, 6 p.m. on Pac-12 Networks
The Sun Devils and Utes are part of a four-team logjam atop the Pac-12 South standings. Arizona State has dominated this series and is 3-1 in Salt Lake City since Utah joined the Pac-12. The winner of this game gets to stay in the College Football Playoff conversation for another week.
Tulane at Memphis, 7 p.m. on ESPN2
Don't sleep on this matchup. These two teams are a combined 10-2 on the season and as much of a threat to win the American Athletic Conference as anyone else. Both teams are well-coached and can put up points. This should be an entertaining game in the Liberty Bowl.
Michigan at Penn State, 7:30 p.m. on ABC
The winner of this game claims second place in the Big Ten East standing and sets the stage for a future showdown with Ohio State. The Nittany Lions are undefeated and have throttled their first three conference opponents. The Wolverines have quietly gone about their business and could really make a statement with a win in Happy Valley. Jim Harbaugh is 3-1 against James Franklin during their Big Ten tenures.
Tennessee at Alabama, 9 p.m. on ESPN
The Crimson Tide have beaten the Volunteers 12 straight years. But Tennessee is coming off a nice win at home over Mississippi State and this rivalry is called "Third Saturday in October" for some reason other than just the timing, right?
Other NCAAF Games on TV Today
- West Virginia at Oklahoma, 12 p.m. on FOX
- Houston at UConn, 12 p.m. on ESPNU
- Wisconsin at Illinois, 12 p.m. on BTN
- Purdue at Iowa, 12 p.m. on ESPN2
- Kent State at Ohio, 12 p.m. on CBSSN
- Iowa State at Texas Tech, 12 p.m. on FS1
- NC State at Boston College, 12 p.m. on RSN
- Georgia Tech at Miami, 12 p.m. on ACCN
- Clemson at Louisville, 12 p.m. on ABC
- Auburn at Arkansas, 12 p.m. on SECN
- Central Michigan at Bowling Green, 2 p.m. on ESPN3
- Toledo at Ball State, 2 p.m. on ESPN+
- Northern Illinois at Miami (Ohio), 2:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Oregon State at California, 2:30 p.m. on Pac-12N
- TCU at Kansas State, 2:30 p.m. on FSN
- Coastal Carolina at Georgia Southern, 3 p.m. on ESPN3
- New Mexico at Wyoming, 3 p.m. on ATTSN
- Tulsa at Cincinnati, 3:30 p.m. on ESPNU
- Temple at SMU, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN2
- USF at Navy, 3:30 p.m. on CBSSN
- North Carolina at Virginia Tech, 3:30 p.m. on RSN
- ULM at Appalachian State, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Southern Miss at Louisiana Tech, 3:30 p.m. on NFLN
- Minnesota at Rutgers, 3:30 p.m. on BTN
- Indiana at Maryland, 3:30 p.m. on BTN
- Duke at Virginia, 3:30 p.m. on ACCN
- Buffalo at Akron, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN3
- Missouri at Vanderbilt, 4 p.m. on SECN
- Charlotte at WKU, 4 p.m. on ESPN+
- Middle Tennessee at North Texas, 4 p.m. on Stadium
- Old Dominion at UAB, 4 p.m. on ESPN+
- Kentucky at Georgia, 6 p.m. on ESPN
- Rice at UTSA, 6 p.m. on ESPN3
- Maine at Liberty, 6 p.m. on ESPN+
- UTEP at FIU, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- Western Michigan at Eastern Michigan, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- Army at Georgia State, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- Colorado at Washington State, 7 p.m. on ESPNU
- East Carolina at UCF, 7 p.m. on CBSSN
- Kansas at Texas, 7 p.m. on LHN
- San Diego State at San Jose State, 7 p.m. on Facebook
- Texas A&M at Ole Miss, 7:30 p.m. on SECN
- Florida State at Wake Forest, 7:30 p.m. on ACCN
- Arizona at USC, 9:30 p.m. on Pac-12N
- Nevada at Utah State, 10:15 p.m. on ESPNU
- Boise State at BYU, 10:15 p.m. on ESPN2
- Air Force at Hawaii, 11 p.m. on CBSSN