The calendar has turned to October and the first weekend of the new month offers plenty of intriguing college football games on Saturday, Oct. 5. Several high-profile teams are on bye but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of matchups to pique fans' interest.
So if you're wondering "What college football games are on today?" know this: There are 44 involving FBS teams scheduled for today, Saturday,Oct. 5.
Note: Games are ordered by start time. All times are ET.
Best College Football Games on TV Today
Iowa at Michigan, 12 p.m. on FOX
The Wolverines are coming off of their best performance of the season, but it was against Rutgers. How will they fare against an undefeated Hawkeyes team that boasts enough talent on both sides of the ball to get the win in the Big House?
Auburn at Florida, 3:30 p.m. on CBS
Undefeated Tigers vs. undefeated Gators in the Swamp. Unproven quarterbacks and salty defenses on each side. SEC game of the year to this point?
Texas at West Virginia, 3:30 p.m. on ABC
The Longhorns are coming off a bye but could have one eye on next week's Red River Rivalry showdown with the Sooners. The Mountaineers have turned things around after a slow start and a win at home could inject more intrigue into the Big 12 race.
Northwestern at Nebraska, 4 p.m. on FOX
The Wildcats are solid on defense but can't score. The Cornhuskers are explosive on offense but have given up 86 points in their first two Big Ten games. The last two times these teams have played have needed overtime.
Georgia at Tennessee, 7 p.m. on ESPN
Yes, these two teams are headed in completely opposite directions right now but never underestimate what can happen in a rivalry game. It wasn't too long ago the Volunteers upset the Bulldogs on a Hail Mary in Athens. Also worth noting: all-time series is tied 23-23-2.
Michigan State at Ohio State, 7:30 p.m. on ABC
Buckeyes have won three in a row against the Spartans but Mark Dantonio's team has found a way to be the fly in Ohio State's ointment before. Can Michigan State pull off another upset under the lights in The Shoe?
California at Oregon, 8 p.m. on FOX
Ducks have been somewhat lying in the weeds since their opening loss to Auburn but a win at home over the Golden Bears would give Oregon a leg up in the Pac-12 North race. Cal has befuddled the high-octane Ducks offense before but hasn't won in Autzen Stadium since 2007.
Washington at Stanford, 10:30 p.m. on ESPN
The Cardinal righted the ship last week but the win over Oregon State didn't come easy. Now David Shaw's team welcomes a hungry Huskies squad that already has one conference loss and hasn't won on The Farm since 2007.
Other NCAAF Games on TV Today
- TCU at Iowa State, 12 p.m. on ESPN2
- Kent State at Wisconsin, 12 p.m. on ESPNU
- Maryland at Rutgers, 12 p.m. on BTN
- Oklahoma at Kansas, 12 p.m. on ABC
- Oklahoma State at Texas Tech, 12 p.m. on FS1
- Purdue at Penn State, 12 p.m. on ESPN
- Tulane at Army, 12 p.m. on CBSSN
- USF at UConn, 12 p.m. on CBSSN
- Utah State at LSU, 12 p.m. on SECN
- Boston College at Louisville, 12:30 p.m. on RSN
- Eastern Michigan at Central Michigan, 3 p.m. on ESPN+
- Virginia Tech at Miami, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN
- Western Michigan at Toledo, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Ohio at Buffalo, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Marshall at Middle Tennessee, 3:30 p.m. on Facebook
- Arkansas State at Georgia State, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Illinois at Minnesota, 3:30 p.m. on BTN
- Bowling Green at Notre Dame, 3:30 p.m. on NBC
- Baylor at Kansas State, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN2
- Ball State at NIU, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN3
- Air Force at Navy, 3:30 p.m. on CBSSN
- Memphis at ULM, 3:45 p.m. on ESPNU
- Troy at Missouri, 4 p.m. on SECN
- North Carolina at Georgia Tech, 4 p.m. on ACCN
- Arizona at Colorado, 4:30 p.m. on Pac-12N
- WKU at Old Dominion, 6 p.m. on ESPN+
- Rice at UAB, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- UMass at FIU, 7 p.m. on ESPN3
- Tulsa at SMU, 7:30 p.m. on ESPNU
- Vanderbilt at Ole Miss, 7:30 p.m. on SECN
- UTSA at UTEP, 8 p.m. on ESPN+
- Liberty at New Mexico State, 8 p.m. on FloSports
- Pitt at Duke, 8 p.m. on ACCN
- Oregon State at UCLA, 9 p.m. on Pac-12N
- San Diego State at Colorado State, 10 p.m. on ESPN2
- Boise State at UNLV, 10:30 p.m. on CBSSN