The first full month of the 2019 college football comes to an end with another loaded slate involving FBS teams on Saturday, Sept. 28. Conference play is really starting to crank up but that doesn't mean there still aren't some intriguing non-conference matchups on tap.
So if you're wondering "What college football games are on today?" know this: There are 50 involving FBS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, Sept. 28.
Note: Games are ordered by start time. All times are ET.
Best College Football Games on TV Today
Northwestern at Wisconsin, 12 p.m. on ABC
The past two Big Ten West Division champions meet in Camp Randall Stadium. Wisconsin is surging following a dominating victory over Michigan while Northwestern is struggling, particularly on offense. The Wildcats will have the tough task of slowing down the freight train that has been Badgers running back Jonathan Taylor.
Texas A&M vs. Arkansas (Arlington, Texas), 12 p.m. on ESPN
The latest installment of the Southwest Classic will take place in AT&T Stadium. Both teams are coming off of losses, but Arkansas' was to San Jose State, a team that had won just four total games since the start of the 2017 season prior to last Saturday. Texas A&M is looking to rebound from its home loss to Auburn by extending its winning streak over the Razorbacks to eight in a row.
Ole Miss at Alabama, 3 p.m. on CBS
Alabama has been rolling with Tua Tagovailoa and his receiving corps once again putting up prolific numbers. Ole Miss' offense hasn't really gotten going but the Rebels have been competitive in every game thus far, including last week's 28-20 home loss to undefeated Cal. The Crimson Tide appear to be at the top of their game but Ole Miss has pulled off the upset in Tuscaloosa before (2015).
Virginia at Notre Dame, 3 p.m. on NBC
Notre Dame hung tough with Georgia but just ran out of steam (and time) in Athens. Virginia is undefeated but the Cavaliers are coming off of a lackluster win at home over Old Dominion. The Fighting Irish have yet to face a dual-threat quarterback as talented as Bryce Perkins. But he's yet to face a defense as good as Notre Dame's.
Iowa State at Baylor, 3 p.m. on ESPN
Perhaps an under-the-radar matchup, this Big 12 opener between Iowa State and Baylor is a critical game. The Cyclones' only loss has been to Iowa while the Bears are undefeated. Iowa State has won the last two meetings.
USC at Washington, 3 p.m. on FOX
USC is the early leader in the Pac-12 South after last week's upset of Utah. Washington has rebounded from its loss to Cal by beating Hawaii and BYU by a combined score of 97-39. The Trojans are expected to start their third-string quarterback but continue to find ways to win. The Huskies cannot afford another loss as they look to defend their conference title and remain in the discussion for a possible College Football Playoff berth.
Ohio State at Nebraska, 7 p.m. on ABC
Ohio State is steamrolling every team it has played thus far while Nebraska has hard to work harder for its wins. This appears to be a mismatch on paper, but the Cornhuskers are at home and played the Buckeyes very tough last season in Columbus. Ohio State still has Michigan State, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Michigan on the schedule, but cannot overlook a Nebraska team that's seeking its first signature victory under Scott Frost.
Washington State at Utah, 10 p.m. on FS1
Washington State is still recovering from last week's stunning loss at home to UCLA. The Cougars blew a 32-point third-quarter lead and wasted Anthony Gordon's record nine-touchdown performance. Utah is trying to bounce back from its own disappointing loss, falling 30-23 on the road to USC. The Utes will most likely be without running Zack Moss (shoulder injury) and don't want to fall any further behind the Trojans in the Pac-12 South standings.
Other NCAAF Games on TV Today
- Northern Illinois at Vanderbilt, 12 p.m. on SECN
- Buffalo at Miami (Ohio), 12 p.m. on ESPNU
- BYU at Toledo, 12 p.m. on ESPN+
- Central Michigan at Western Michigan, 12 p.m. on CBSSN
- Holy Cross at Syracuse, 12 p.m. on ACCN
- Kansas at TCU, 12 p.m. on FS1
- Middle Tennessee at Iowa, 12 p.m. on ESPN2
- Rutgers at Michigan, 12 p.m. on BTN
- Texas Tech at Oklahoma, 12 p.m. on FOX
- Delaware at Pitt, 12 p.m. on RSN
- Wake Forest at Boston College, 3 p.m. on ACCN
- Coastal Carolina at Appalachian State, 3 p.m. on ESPN+
- Minnesota at Purdue, 3 p.m. on ESPN2
- Indiana at Michigan State, 3 p.m. on BTN
- Florida Atlantic at Charlotte, 3 p.m. on NFLN
- Clemson at North Carolina, 3 p.m. on ABC
- Akron at UMass, 3 p.m. on FloSports
- Georgia Tech at Temple, 3 p.m. on CBSSN
- SMU at USF, 4 p.m. on ESPNU
- Towson at Florida, 4 p.m. on SECN
- Cincinnati at Marshall, 5 p.m. on Facebook
- Louisiana at Georgia Southern, 6 p.m. on ESPN+
- New Mexico at Liberty, 6 p.m. on ESPN+
- Arkansas State at Troy, 6 p.m. on ESPN+
- East Carolina at Old Dominion, 6 p.m. on ESPN+
- Kansas State at Oklahoma State, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- Louisiana Tech at Rice, 7 p.m. on ESPN3
- Mississippi State at Auburn, 7 p.m. on ESPN
- Nicholls at Texas State, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- Stanford at Oregon State, 7 p.m. on Pac-12N
- UAB at WKU, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- UConn at UCF, 7 p.m. on ESPN2
- UTEP at Southern Miss, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- South Alabama at ULM, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- Colorado State at Utah State, 7 p.m. on CBSSN
- Kentucky at South Carolina, 7 p.m. on SECN
- NC State at Florida State, 7 p.m. on ACCN
- Houston at North Texas, 8 p.m. on Facebook
- Fresno State at New Mexico State, 8 p.m. on FloSports
- UNLV at Wyoming, 8 p.m. on ESPNU
- Hawaii at Nevada, 10 p.m. on ESPN2
- UCLA at Arizona, 10 p.m. on ESPN