The guys are breaking down the Group of 5 today. Braden Gall, Mitch Light, David Fox give you teams to watch, coaches to watch, games to watch and debate if a G5 team can make the Playoff?
- What will happen to the Group of 5 teams longterm as the Power 5 continues to seperate itself financially from the rest of college football?
- Who is the top candidate for the G5 New Year's Six bowl berth? Is it all Houston's to lose and who are the other AAC candidates to keep an eye on this fall? Is the AAC on its own college football tier?
- Are Boise State and San Diego State the only contenders in the Mountain West and the best positioned teams to reach a New Year's Six Bowl? Where do the Sun Belt, C-USA and MAC champions fall in this conversation?
- Should the American Athletic Conference lose teams to Big 12 expansion, which teams are best positioned to move into the AAC as replacements? Which programs are rising through the G5 ranks as we speak? Could SMU and Tulane be poised to compete?
- Group of 5 coaches are always hot commodities come silly season so the guys break them all down. Will Bryan Harsin want to leave his alma mater? Should Matt Rhule and P.J. Fleck wait around for the right job or jump to the Power 5 as soon as possible? What about the up-and-downs of Willie Taggart's USF tenure? And why you need to know the name Willie Fritz.
Check out the Athlon Sports 2016 College Football Rankings No. 1 to 128.
You can order your preseason Athlon Sports college football magazines here with Amazon.com.
Send any ideas, questions or comments to @BradenGall@AthlonMitch or @DavidFox615 or email email@example.com. The podcast can be found on athlonsports.com/podcast, iTunes, Stitcher and our podcast RSS feed.