The SEC preview is our final conference preview of the summer before our final College Football Playoff predictions (coming soon!). Braden Gall, Mitch Light and David Fox preview the Southeastern Conference in '16.
- How many teams are legitimate contenders for the SEC crown? The guys disagree.
- In the West, who belongs on the top tier with Alabama and LSU? It appears there might be three tiers in the West.
- What about the coaching situations in the West? Gus Malzahn, Les Miles and Kevin Sumlin are all facing critical years but who is closest to the hot seat and who needs to win now?
- What do we make of Dan Mullen at Mississippi State? How long do we expect to see him in Starkville? Is he the second best coach in the SEC?
- In the East, who is the top challenger to Tennessee? Do we believe in Butch Jones and what could derail their path to Atlanta?
- Georgia vs. Florida, go.
- Kirby Smart and the Sabanization of Athens continues every week with another headline. Has the new Georgia coach won the offseason or simply made obnoxious headlines?
- The SEC East bottom-half round robin should be a lot of fun if nothing else: Vanderbilt vs. Kentucky vs. Missouri vs. South Carolina? Is Mark Stoops the coach under the most pressure? And what do we make of new hires Barry Odom and Will Muschamp.
- BONUS ROUND: Who should the SEC target as a "home run" expansion selection if it was going to expand?
Check out the Athlon Sports 2016 College Football Rankings No. 1 to 128.
You can order your preseason Athlon Sports college football magazines here with Amazon.com.
Send any ideas, questions or comments to @BradenGall@AthlonMitch or @DavidFox615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The podcast can be found on athlonsports.com/podcast, iTunes, Stitcher and our podcast RSS feed.