Week 1 of the college football season is in the books and the guys break down the historic weekend. Braden Gall, Mitch Light and David Fox recap:
- Central Michigan beat Oklahoma State in the final play. But should the play have counted? Should we change either the loss of down rule or change the outcome of the game?
- It wasn't just Oklahoma State that has Big 12 fans worried. Seven of the 10 teams in the league have lost already after TCU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Iowa State and Kansas all lost in Week 2. How concerned are we about the Big 12?
- Rivalry games resulted in electric finishes. Pitt topped Penn State while Utah bested BYU - both in dramatic fashion.
- Pac-12 After Dark again provided quality entertainment - even if it meant two losses to the Mountain West.
- The SEC went 10-0 in non-conference play in Week 2, ending the talk of the league's demise once and for all. Tennessee, Arkansas and Florida all made impressive statements while Vanderbilt, South Carolina and MIssouri all bounced back.
Check out the Athlon Sports 2016 College Football Rankings No. 1 to 128.
You can order your preseason Athlon Sports college football magazines here with Amazon.com.
Send any ideas, questions or comments to @BradenGall@AthlonMitch or @DavidFox615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The podcast can be found on athlonsports.com/podcast, iTunes, Stitcher and our podcast RSS feed.