College Football’s 2013 season has yet to start, but the SEC is already planning for 2014. On Wednesday, the conference released its 2014 slate, headlined by a Thursday night opener on Aug. 28 between Texas A&M and South Carolina.
Here are a few key takeaways from the schedule release: (Click here to check out the full schedule)
* Texas A&M at South Carolina (Aug. 28) – Excellent way to open the season, but don’t expect Johnny Manziel or Jadeveon Clowney to be playing in this one.
* Georgia at South Carolina (Sept. 13) – Another early season matchup between these two East Division rivals.
* Florida at Alabama (Sept. 20) – An early preview for the SEC Championship?
* Florida at Tennessee (Oct. 4) – A slightly later date for this game in 2013.
* Alabama at LSU (Nov. 8) – Always huge SEC West title implications when these two teams meet.
* LSU at Texas A&M (Nov. 27) – Thanksgiving night matchup between these two teams should be must-see television.
* Arkansas at Missouri (Nov. 29) – Border rivals meet for only the sixth time…and the first time as SEC opponents.
Florida: at Alabama, LSU
Georgia: at Arkansas, Auburn
Kentucky: at LSU, Mississippi State
Missouri: at Texas A&M, Arkansas
South Carolina: Texas A&M, at Auburn
Tennessee: at Ole Miss, Alabama
Vanderbilt: Ole Miss, at Mississippi State
Alabama: Florida, at Tennessee
Arkansas: Georgia, at Missouri
Auburn: South Carolina, at Georgia
LSU: at Florida, Kentucky
Mississippi State: at Kentucky, Vanderbilt
Ole Miss: at Vanderbilt, Tennessee
Texas A&M: at South Carolina, Missouri