It's already time to start thinking about 2014.
College Football’s 2013 season has yet to start, but the SEC is already planning for 2014. On Wednesday, the conference released its 2014 slate, headlined by a Thursday night opener on Aug. 28 between Texas A&M and South Carolina.
Here are a few key takeaways from the schedule release: (Click here to check out the full schedule)
* Texas A&M at South Carolina (Aug. 28) – Excellent way to open the season, but don’t expect Johnny Manziel or Jadeveon Clowney to be playing in this one.
* Georgia at South Carolina (Sept. 13) – Another early season matchup between these two East Division rivals.
* Florida at Alabama (Sept. 20) – An early preview for the SEC Championship?
* Florida at Tennessee (Oct. 4) – A slightly later date for this game in 2013.
* Alabama at LSU (Nov. 8) – Always huge SEC West title implications when these two teams meet.
* LSU at Texas A&M (Nov. 27) – Thanksgiving night matchup between these two teams should be must-see television.
* Arkansas at Missouri (Nov. 29) – Border rivals meet for only the sixth time…and the first time as SEC opponents.
Florida: at Alabama, LSU
Georgia: at Arkansas, Auburn
Kentucky: at LSU, Mississippi State
Missouri: at Texas A&M, Arkansas
South Carolina: Texas A&M, at Auburn
Tennessee: at Ole Miss, Alabama
Vanderbilt: Ole Miss, at Mississippi State
Alabama: Florida, at Tennessee
Arkansas: Georgia, at Missouri
Auburn: South Carolina, at Georgia
LSU: at Florida, Kentucky
Mississippi State: at Kentucky, Vanderbilt
Ole Miss: at Vanderbilt, Tennessee
Texas A&M: at South Carolina, Missouri