This is your daily links roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for August 18:
• Jessica Alba threw out the first pitch for the Dodgers and didn't shame her family. That's all we ask out of our ceremonial first pitchers.
• This guy's punishment for coming in last in his fantasy baseball league — an embarrassingly revealing calendar that includes Body Issue and Constanza spoofs — is no doubt giving sadistic commissioners across the land evil ideas.
• The Rams have invited several Ferguson-area high school football players to their preseason game this Sunday as a respite from the chaos. Haven't those kids suffered enough?
• No Nadal at the U.S. Open. My interest in that event is waning fast.
• Worried that Peyton Manning has been underexposed, Gatorade is releasing a slew of new Manning commercials.
• Asdrubal Cabrera made a nifty behind-the-back flip to start a double play.
--Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org