This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Aug. 29.
• August is almost over (finally), so to celebrate the end of summer, here are the hottest sports-related women of the month, including some wet Song Girls (the best kind).
• Along those same lines, here's a good way to kick off the season: A countdown of college football WAGs.
• It's SEC kickoff day. Here are the league's five toughest venues for visitors. Of course Bryant-Denny is No. 1. If the Tide played at Chuck E Cheese it would still be the toughest venue.
• There's nothing worse than a season-ending injury in the preseason. Unfortunately, there's been an epidemic of them this year.
• A Reds beat writer criticized Brandon Phillips' on-base percentage. Phillips called him a mother-effer. Dusty Baker laughed. All in all, an eventful evening.
• The Backstreet Boys toured Alabama's athletic facilities. I'm sure they blended right in.
• Here's a ranking of Alabama's five craziest fans. In other words, the five people who'll go on suicide watch if Bama fails to win its third straight national title. Spoiler alert: the tree-killer is No. 1.
• The new head coach of the Atlanta Hawks is already familiarizing himself with local law enforcement. That could prove to be useful research.
• Last night in Epic Marlins fail: Two baserunners slide into the same base. I'm no rules expert, but that seems off.
• These never get old: A dog welcomes his master home from deployment.
• We close today with a second Epic Marlins Fail: Logan Morrison gets called off a popup by a fan. Or a ghost.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org