This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for Jan. 16.
• Emmy Rossum of Showtime's "Shameless" will be on Conan tonight. I'm a big fan (of Conan, yes, but mainly of Emmy Rossum).
• ESPN surveyed NFL players and found out that Peyton's the most respected player and the guy most would want to start a team with. More fodder for Brady to play the disrespect card.
• Lauren Tannehill, wife of Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill, accidentally left an AR-15 rifle in the trunk of her rental car. Hot woman with rifle; the NRA's marketing department needs to pounce.
• An overly optimistic Seahawks fan got a Super Bowl XLVIII champions tattoo — before the season. Prophet, or moron? No matter the outcome of the playoffs, I'm going moron.
• Oscar noms are in. It was a good year; I've actually seen several of the nominated movies. Not that you care, but my favorite was probably "Captain Phillips." Speaking of movies, here's a map with each state's most famous movie character.
• James Franklin took time out from raiding Vandy's recruiting class to buy a newspaper ad in Nashville thanking Vanderbilt. Probably would have gone over better without a giant headshot.
• In other news, Mike Trout is athletic. And water's wet.
• Paging Bryce Drew: Toledo's Juice Brown went Valpo on Buffalo last night.
• A Rockies prospect crashed through the Rawlings logo on the outfield wall to make a spectacular catch in an Australian baseball game.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org