This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for Jan. 2.
• Everything's coming up Bortles this morning. Blake Bortles led his UCF Knights to a big BCS bowl win, and according to his coach, George O'Leary, his girlfriend deserves "6 million Googles." See if you don't agree. That's her in the photo.
• The NHL has taken over New Year's Day with the Winter Classic. Here's a cool time-lapse video of the Big House's transformation into hockey heaven.
• Steve Spurrier: master troller. The guy's a genius. Really.
• My question following the recent round of bowls: What is going on with Kevin Sumlin's deformed knuckle?
• Mark Dantonio's footwork in avoiding a Gatorade bath was truly impressive. He even threw in a taunt at the end.
• Headline of the day: Red Wings Fan Videobombs Reporter, Wipes Out, Falls Down On Live TV.
• Jets QB Geno Smith has a not-safe-for-work scandal. Just what he needed.
• The New Year's Day bowls have become a Big Ten-SEC grudge match breeding ground. Edge again to the SEC.
• Cody Zeller attempted a dunk. The rim had other ideas.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at email@example.com