This is your daily links roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for July 17:
• The ESPYs red carpet was a smokeshow last night, thanks to hotties like Jessica Alba.
• There's something comforting about a pro golfer three-putting from two feet, as Ernie Els did today. I also like it when one snaps a club in anger, as Henrik Stenson did today. And to complete the trifecta, Tiger Woods drilled some guy in the head. Even when you're great at it, the game sucks sometimes. Oh, and Tiger apparently called for some divine judgment on photogs who clicked in his backswing.
• Didn't watch the ESPYs; forgot they were on. Apparently the best thing that host Drake did was blow in Lance Stephenson's ear. I will say it is funny to see Maria Sharapova make Floyd Mayweather look like Peter Dinklage.
• So I'm not totally cynical about the ESPYs: Stuart Scott gave a moving speech after winning the Jimmy V Award.
• So Texas A&M paid Cedric Ogbuehi more than $50,000 to return to school. And it was legal.
• Roger Federer and Lindsey Vonn played tennis atop a Swiss glacier thanks to Lindt Chocolate.
--Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org