This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for July 5.
• Sorry, fellas — Natalie Gulbis is engaged. Oh well. We'll always have the bodypaint spread.
• Joey Chestnut ate 69 hot dogs yesterday. As Bob Ley tweeted, this is why our founders pledged their lives, their fortunes, their sacred honor.
• As our tribute to American gluttony, here are 25 epic "Only in America" food items.
• It was an especially happy Fourth for one (no doubt long-suffering) Royals fan. A Lorenzo Cain grand slam netted her 25 large.
• Proving that baseball isn't the only sport with insufferable stat nerds, KenPom digs into the value of two-for-ones.
• The Bruins hired a guard to prevent Tyler Seguin from partying during the playoffs. Now that's attention to detail.
• Looking to creep our your guests at your next dinner party? Serve them Silence of the Lambs-themed chianti.
• This is a bit random, but whatever: Celtics fan Roddy White is not a fan of the Brad Stevens hire.
• Already thinking about life after Johnny Football? You'll be glad to hear that the future of the quarterback position in the SEC is very bright.
• Chris Parmalee didn't care that his team was down 9-1. He was going to catch the baseball.
--- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org