This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for May 22.
• 50 United States Senators have signed a letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to change the name of the Washington Redskins.
• President Obama had a little fun with outspoken cornerback Richard Sherman when the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks visited The White House on Wednesday.
• Mexican national "soccer" team coach Miguel Herrera has banned all of his players from having sex during The World Cup. He does know it's being played in Brazil, right?
• Want a quick, by-the-numbers look at the Indy 500 this weekend? Here are 21 numbers you need to know about the Greatest Spectacle in Motorsports.
• The real star of the NBA Draft lottery was Milwaukee Bucks rep Mallory Edens. The daughter of team co-owner Wesley Edens went from 249 twitter followers to, at last count, over 43,000 followers in less than two days.
• Two things here: (1) Bill Goldberg played at Georgia because of a bottle of Wild Turkeyand (2) Barry "Switzer would drink a 'Crown on the rocks within five minutes" of arriving on recruiting visits.
• Scout’s Jamie Newberg is producing a series of NFL Draft articles based on geography this week. It’s fascinating analysis of what cities, states and regions produce the most NFL talent. (Here's Part 1.)
• The Tampa Bay Rays threw a one-hitter against the Oakland A's on Wednesday. AND STILL LOST.
• The Cubs lack of support for Jeff Samardzija is growing comical. The Chicago pitcher tosses seven scoreless innings on Wednesday and lowering his league-leading ERA to 1.46. Yet, the Cubs managed to lose the game, pushing his winless streak to 16 consecutive starts. He has no wins in 2014.
• One of NASCAR’s long-time writers and aficionados has all of the fancy new Coca-Cola 600 paint schemes covered, including Dale Earnhardt’s new DC Comics Superman paint scheme.
I believe the great Dodgers announcer Charley Steiner says it perfectly, "I hate to break the news to Puig, but that's the third out."