This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Oct. 18.
• Halloween's still almost two weeks away, but NFL cheerleaders are already in the spirit of the season.
• Leave it to the good people of NASCAR: a milkshake made from beer and bacon courtesy of the Texas Motor Speedway. Combining the best stuff on earth.
• Steve Spurrier is a master troller of his rivals, but he saves some of his best work for Tennessee.
• Ten people who have been banned from Saturday Night Live for life. You wouldn't like Lorne Michaels when he's angry.
• Fire up the Mack truck: Gaping plot holes in sports movies. I'd forgotten about the palm trees in "Teen Wolf", which is set in Nebraska. Takes you right out of an otherwise realistic story.
• When most NFL offensive linemen retire, they rapidly exceed 400 pounds and become fused to the couch. Matt Birk is a different story.
• Late to this, but Ole Miss coed Shelby Herring was the week's Internet breakout star.
• By the numbers: The SEC's best skill players by position at the season's halfway point.
• Robert Griffin III thinks he could play Olympic-level ping-pong. Some youth ping-pong players want RG3 to put his money where his mouth is.
• Watch Jason Kidd get his jersey retired by the Nets. Well deserved.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at email@example.com