This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Sept. 5.
• Kate Upton is on the cover of Vanity Fair. Katherine Webb congratulated her by suggesting they have a pajama party. I happen to think that's an excellent idea. Just tell me when and where.
• This headline asserts that the five best months of the year start tonight. I don't disagree. Welcome back, football.
• This idiot chowdah-head Red Sox fan should no longer be taken out in public after nearly ruining the evening for two different women.
• This Las Vegas billboard is under the impression that Lon Kruger is the UNLV basketball coach. Kruger's been at Oklahoma since 2011.
• We may have reached the Johnny Football saturation point: He's on the cover of this week's Time Magazine under the provocative headline: It's Time to Pay College Athletes.
• This ESPN profile of Floyd Mayweather reveals that he has $123 million in one bank account. I prefer to spread my money around.
• Check in with SDS' Bo Jackson Award tracker (best SEC player regardless of position) after Week 1.
• "You're my boy, Blue." 20 classic comedy quotes you probably say in your sleep.
• Not to be Mr. Wet Blanket while we all gorge on football, but actually going to a game can kinda suck. Here are 20 reasons why.
• The Indians let a live chicken run around during warm-ups. Hope they didn't tell Pedro Cerrano. (Sorry for the dated "Major League" reference.)
• One PGA Tour player thinks that Ian Poulter's logo looks like a part of the male anatomy. Don't really see it, but I guess if you're looking for it...
• In today's video, Alex Galchenyuk of the Canadiens shows us that the hockey swing doesn't translate to the golf course.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at email@example.com