This is your daily links roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for September 8:
• The NFL's cheerleaders are already in midseason form, as this gallery reveals.
• Nothing like a kick to a punter's face to signal the return of America's Game. Good to have you back, football. Here are the best Vines and GIFs from a tasty weekend on the gridiron.
• Roger Goodell's having a no good, very bad Monday thanks to the ongoing stench of the Ray Rice situation. If you feel like you need to see the newly available video of the knockout punch, which according to Peter King was in Goodell's possession when he "disciplined" Rice, then click here. It's beyond sickening.
• This is interesting: Kareem defends Hawks co-owner Bruce Levenson over his supposedly racist email.
• Here's an interview with ESPN founder Bill Rasmussen on the occasion of the Worldwide Leader's 35th birthday.
• I can endorse this chick-mance (or whatever the chick version of a bromance is called): Serena and Woz partied after their U.S. Open final.
• Dumbass alert: A fan climbed to the top of the catchfence at Richmond. During the race. This won't help class up the image of the typical NASCAR fan.
• Derek Jeter answered a reporter's phone during a presser, like the boss he is.
--Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org