April Fool's Day is really an acquired taste. Some like it, but as you get older you'll find that most don't.
Just as your friends will give it their best shot to fool you, so will your favorite athletes and teams. No one is exempt from pranks on April 1st. Here are some who decided to give it the old college try, and giving fans a mini-heart attack in the process.
1. Le'Veon Bell nearly gives Steelers fans quite the scare with this tweet out of nowhere. It was one of those early morning tweets where you have to check the date before you start burning your #26 jersey.
2. Oregon got a little too crazy on us. We're used to the crazy uniform combinations and even basketball court but this would've been a bit much, even for the Ducks.
3. Florida and Florida State announced their plan to merge. Give them props because they planned a video and everything. Some people go above and beyond for a joke.
4. Goldy Gopher retires. One of college sports most recognizable (and lovable) mascots is calling it quits. It would be a sad, sad day if this were actually true.
5. The University of Maine is taking it back to a surprisingly familiar elephant. The Black Bears claimed they were leaving their normal mascot and going to one that looks much like the elephant most closely associated with the Alabama Crimson Tide. Clever.