WGC-Mexico Championship is on the Golf Channel and NBC
The 2019 World Golf Championships (WGC) Mexico Championship golf tournament kicked off Thursday and runs through today, Feb. 24. The PGA Tour golf tournament takes place at the Club de Golf Chapultepec in Mexico City, Mexico, and features such golfing greats as Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods.
So if you're wondering, "What channel is the golf tournament on today?" know this: the Golf Channel is airing the tournament, along with NBC, at the times listed below.
WGC-Mexico Championship TV schedule
Sunday: Golf Channel (noon-1:30 p.m. ET), NBC (1:30-6:00 p.m. ET), Final Round
Fast Facts about the WGC-Mexico Championship
• Phil Mickelson won last year's tournament.
• This year's purse is $10.25 million, with $1,745,000 as the winner's share.
• Tiger Woods has not been eligible for this World Golf Championship since 2014, when he shot 78 in the final round and tied for 25th at Doral. It was his last event before the first of four back surgeries.
• This is Woods' first tournament in Mexico.
• Justin Rose, Jason Day and Adam Scott are among those who chose not to play the first World Golf Championship of the year. Rose could lose his No. 1 ranking depending on who wins.
• Eddie Pepperell, Aaron Rai and Jake McLeod are making their World Golf Championships debuts.
• Americans made it a clean sweep of the WGCs last year with Mickelson winning in Mexico, Bubba Watson at the Match Play, Justin Thomas at Firestone and Xander Schauffele in Shanghai.
• Since this event began in 1999, it has gone to a playoff only three times — Woods beat Miguel Angel Jimenez in 1999 at Valderrama and John Daly in 2005 at Harding Park, and Mickelson defeated Thomas last year.