The Farmers Insurance Open is on the Golf Channel and CBS
The Farmers Insurance Open kicked off Thursday, Jan. 24, and runs through Sunday, Jan. 27. The PGA Tour golf tournament takes place at Torrey Pines Golf Club in La Jolla, Calif. (San Diego). And yes, it features Tiger Woods, who starts today tied in 48th place.
So if you're wondering, "What channel is the golf tournament on today?" know this: the Golf Channel is airing the golf tournament, along with CBS on Saturday and Sunday. Here's the TV schedule below.
Farmers Insurance Open TV Schedule
Thursday: Golf Channel (3-7 p.m.) Round 1
Friday: Golf Channel (3-7 p.m.) Round 2
Saturday: Golf Channel (1-2:45 p.m.), CBS (3-6 p.m.) Round 3
Sunday: Golf Channel (1-2:45 p.m.), CBS (3-6 p.m.) Final Round
Fast Facts about the Farmers Insurance Open
• This year marks the 52nd time the event is being held at Torrey Pines Golf Course and the 10th year of Farmers Insurance's sponsorship of the tournament.
• Jason Day is the defending champion.
• This year's purse: a record $7.1 million with a first prize of $1,278,000. In comparison, when the tournament was moved to Torrey Pines in 1968, the purse was $150,000 and Tom Weiskopf earned the winner’s check of $30,000.
• Tiger Woods plays his first tournament of the year at Torrey Pines for the ninth time. Woods is an eight-time winner at Torrey, including his 2008 U.S. Open.
• Phil Mickelson is skipping his hometown tournament, ending 28 consecutive years.