The Farmers Insurance Open's final round on Sunday will be broadcast on Golf Channel and CBS
The PGA Tour's 2020 Farmers Insurance Open concludes with the final round today, Sunday, Jan. 26. The golf tournament is taking place at Torrey Pines Golf Club in La Jolla, California (San Diego), and the field includes Tiger Woods, who is making his 2020 debut. Woods enters Sunday's final round tied for 14th, five shots off of the lead, which is held by Jon Rahm (-12). Rahm shot a 7-under 65 to take a one-stroke lead over Round 2 leader, Ryan Palmer. Rory McIlroy also is in the hunt, one of four golfers at 9-under.
So if you're wondering, "What channel is the golf tournament on today?" know this: the Golf Channel (1-2:45 p.m. ET) and CBS (3-6:30 p.m. ET) are both airing the final round of the 2020 Farmers Insurance Open on Sunday, Jan. 26.
Fast Facts about the Farmers Insurance Open
- This year marks the 53rd time the event is being held at Torrey Pines Golf Course and the 11th year of Farmers Insurance's sponsorship of the tournament.
- Justin Rose is the defending champion.
- This year's purse: a record $7.5 million with first place paying out $1,350,000. In comparison, when the tournament was moved to Torrey Pines in 1968, the purse was $150,000 and Tom Weiskopf earned the winner’s check of $30,000.
- Tiger Woods is set to play his first tournament of the year at Torrey Pines for the 10th time in his career. Woods is an eight-time winner at Torrey, including his 2008 U.S. Open sudden-death victory over Rocco Mediate following an 18-hole playoff. A win this weekend would be Woods' 83rd career on the PGA Tour, giving him the most ever. He's currently tied with Sam Snead.
- Phil Mickelson is back playing his hometown tournament after skipping last year's event, ending his streak at 28. A win this weekend would be his 15th on the PGA Tour in California (since 1983). He and Woods are currently tied for the most victories with 14.
- Rory McIlroy could overtake Brooks Koepka (who is not playing this weekend) for the No. 1 spot in the Official World Golf Ranking with a victory at Torrey Pines.