The PGA Tour's 2020 Genesis Invitational teed off on Thursday with the third round set for Saturday, Feb. 15. The tournament is played at the Riviera Country Club in Pacific Palisades, California. This year's event is hosted by Tiger Woods and features an elite, invitation-only field.
Matt Kuchar enters Saturday's third round with a two-shot lead (-9) over Rory McIlroy, Harold Varner III, and Wyndham Clark. Woods is well off of the pace at even par after shooting a two-over 73 on Friday.
So if you're wondering, "What channel is the golf tournament on today?" know this: the Golf Channel and CBS are both airing the third round of the 2020 Genesis Invitational on Saturday, Feb. 15. Here's the TV schedule for this weekend's tournament.
Genesis Invitational TV Schedule
Saturday: 1-2:45 p.m. ET on Golf Channel, 3-6 p.m. ET on CBS (Round 3)
Sunday: 1-2:45 p.m. ET on Golf Channel, 3-6:30 p.m. ET on CBS (Final Round)
Fast Facts about the Genesis Invitational
- J.B. Holmes is the defending champ.
- This year's purse is $9.3 million, with the winner's share at $1,674,000.
- This year's tournament is hosted by Tiger Woods, who is in search of his 83rd career PGA Tour victory, which would break his tie with Sam Snead for the most in history.
- Besides Woods, the field features nine of the top 10 golfers in the world (according to the Official World Golf Ranking), including newly minted No. 1, Rory McIlroy. The only player in the top 10 not participating is Webb Simpson.
- The history of this event, which started as the Los Angeles Open, goes back nearly 100 years (1926) and it's been held at Riviera CC since 1973.
- This is the first year the event has been played as an invitational, which means a reduced field (120 players down from 144); better incentives (three-year tour exemption for winner instead of normal two); and a larger purse (up nearly $2 million compared to last year).
- The change in status puts the Genesis Invitational on the same level as the prestigious Memorial Tournament (hosted by Jack Nicklaus) and the Arnold Palmer Invitational.