The PGA Tour's 2020 Honda Classic teed off on Thursday with the third round set for Saturday, Feb. 29. The tournament, which is played at PGA National Golf Club in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, is the first stop of the tour's four-week Florida Swing.
Brendan Steele enters Saturday's action with a one-shot lead at 5-under. Three golfers are one shot back and only 23 total are in the red after two rounds. Brooks Koepka, Rickie Fowler, Justin Rose, and Keith Mitchell, the defending champion, are among those who missed the cut.
So if you're wondering, "What channel is the golf tournament on today?" know this: the Golf Channel and NBC are both airing the third round of the Honda Classic on Saturday, Feb. 29. Here's the TV schedule for this weekend's tournament.
Honda Classic TV Schedule
Saturday: 1-3 p.m. ET on Golf Channel, 3-6 p.m. ET on NBC (Round 3)
Sunday: 1-3 p.m. ET on Golf Channel, 3-6 p.m. ET on NBC (Final Round)
Fast Facts about the Honda Classic
- Keith Mitchell is the defending champion after beating Rickie Fowler and Brooks Koepka by one stroke (-9) in a thrilling final round last year.
- This year's purse is $7 million, with the winner's share at $1,260,000.
- This year's field features six of the world's top 20-ranked players, including No. 3 Koepka.
- Those missing the tournament include No. 1 Rory McIlroy along with fellow top-10 players and local residents Justin Thomas, Dustin Johnson, Patrick Cantlay, and Tiger Woods.
- This tournament's history goes back nearly 50 years and was originally called Jackie Gleason's Inverrary Classic.
- It's been played at several courses through the years with PGA National hosting it since 2007.
- That also was the year the Nicklaus Children's Health Care Foundation became the primary beneficiary of the tournament. The foundation is chaired by Barbara Nicklaus, Jack Nicklaus' wife.