The PGA Tour's 2020 Waste Management Phoenix Open teed off on Thursday and runs through Sunday with the third round set for Saturday, Feb. 1. The tournament is taking place at TPC Scottsdale in Scottsdale, Arizona. J.B. Holmes, who has won this tournament twice, enters the weekend with a one-shot lead (-13) over Wyndham Clark.
So if you're wondering, "What channel is the golf tournament on today?" know this: the Golf Channel and CBS are both airing the third round of the 2020 Waste Management Phoenix Open on Saturday, Feb. 1. Here's the TV schedule for this weekend's tournament.
Waste Management Phoenix Open TV Schedule
Saturday: 1-2:45 p.m. ET on Golf Channel, 3-6 p.m. ET on CBS (Round 3)
Sunday: 1-2:45 p.m. ET on Golf Channel, 3-6 p.m. ET on CBS (Final Round)
Fast Facts about the Waste Management Phoenix Open
- This year marks the 85th playing of this event, originally known as the Arizona Open. It's one of the five oldest events on the PGA Tour. This event has been played at TPC Scottsdale since 1987.
- This event also is known as "The People's Open" for its fan-friendly atmosphere and was named Tournament of the Year by the PGA Tour in 2019, the fourth time in the last six years it has received that distinction.
- Rickie Fowler is the defending champion, and he's in the field.
- This year's purse: $7.3 million with first place paying out $1,314,000.
- This year's field features 10 of the top 25 golfers in the Official World Golf Ranking (OWGR)
- The field includes players who have combined to win 13 major championships including Jordan Spieth (3), Zach Johnson (2), Bubba Watson (2), Keegan Bradley, Gary Woodland, Justin Thomas, Charl Schwartzel, Webb Simpson, and Jimmy Walker (one each).
- Former Waste Management Phoenix Open champions back this year include Fowler, Woodland (2018), Hideki Matsuyama (2016, 2017), Kyle Stanley (2012), J.B. Holmes (2006, 2008), and Aaron Baddeley (2007).