The tournament airs this afternoon on NBC
The 2019 PLAYERS Championship golf tournament kicked off Thursday and runs through Sunday, March 17. The PGA Tour golf tournament takes place at at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
So if you're wondering, "What channel is the golf tournament on today?" know this: NBC is broadcasting the tournament at the times listed below.
2019 PLAYERS Championship Broadcast TV Weekend Schedule
Saturday Broadcast: NBC (2-7 p.m. ET), Third Round
Sunday Broadcast: NBC (1-6 p.m. ET), Final Round
Fast Facts about the PLAYERS Championship
• The defending champion is Webb Simpson.
• Yardage: 7,189. Par: 72.
• The purse is $12.5 million, with the winner earning $2.25 million
• The tournament moved back to March for the first time since 2006 in a major schedule shift with the PGA Championship going to May.
• Tiger Woods, who returns after a week off to heal a minor neck issue, is the only player to have won The Players in March (2001) and May (2013).
• Everyone from the top 50 in the world is playing in the tournament.
• Martin Kaymer (2014), Woods (2001), Hal Sutton (1983) and Jack Nicklaus (1978) are the only players to win The Players Championship and a major in the same year.
• The last three PLAYERS have been decided by three shots or more.
• No one has won the Players in consecutive years.
• Webb Simpson's final round of 73 was the highest final round by a winner on the PGA Tour last year.
• Kyle Stanley (2017) and Paul Azinger (1987) are the only players to make birdie on the island-green 17th all four rounds.