A burger is a staple in any tailgate or game day celebration. This time though, we're making Cuban Style Pork Burgers. Here's the amazing recipe:
Kitchen gadgets needed: food processor, large knife, grill, meat thermometer
Ingredients (makes 6 burgers):
8 ounces smoked spanish chorizo, links with casings removed
1 pound ground pork
1/3 cup bread crumbs, dried
1 large egg, beaten
1 small yellow onion, minced
1/3 cup green bell pepper, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
6 hamburger buns, split
6 tablespoons thousand island dressing
2 cups shoestring potatoes, or potato sticks
6 green lettuce leaves
Time commitment: 15 min of prep, 10 min of cook time
Total time: 25 min
- Finely chop chorizo in a food processor or with a large knife.
- Gently mix together ground pork, chopped chorizo, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, green pepper, garlic and salt.
- Shape into 6 patties about 3/4-inch thick. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare a grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat, about 450 degrees F.
- Grill burgers, with the lid closed, for 5 minutes.
- Turn and finish cooking for 4 to 5 minutes more, until cooked through or until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees F on a digital meat thermometer. Remove from grill.
- Toast buns on the grill, about 1 minute per side.
- Build burgers on buns with 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing, 1/3 cup shoestring potatoes and one lettuce leaf. Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Pork Be inspired. Check out their site for more delicious grill recipes.