Get your copy today with 25 MLB team covers to choose from!
With pitchers and catchers ready to report for Spring Training and another MLB Opening Day just around the corner, the Athlon Sports 2021 Baseball Annual slides home in time to provide the preseason analysis and predictions craved by fans of the national pastime from the Bronx to the Bay and everywhere in between.
The Athlon Sports Baseball Annual is the most complete preview available and comes in at a massive 224 pages this year. Order your copy online today with 25 different covers to choose between, or look for it at your local newsstand!
In this year's edition, we take a lap around the big leagues in "15 Things to Watch in 2021," examining the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the delayed fallout of the Astros cheating scandal, Tony La Russa's return to the dugout at 76, and much more.
We offer a look at the next generation of MLB stars with our ranking of the top 50 prospects in the minor leagues, and we look ahead to the 2021 draft by ranking the top 50 prospects in both high school and college.
Fantasy baseball players can look forward to our top 100 list as well as extensive position-by-position rankings that cover more than 400 players. With grades on how each player will contribute in each of the standard statistical categories, this is your best cheat sheet to win your league in 2020.
This year's magazine is also highlighted by the following feature stories:
- "The Trade That Changed Everything" — The Dodgers' acquisition of Mookie Betts will have implications for years to come.
- "The Trout Drought" — Baseball's best player, Mike Trout, has yet to win in the postseason. That needs to change.
- "The Art and Science of Pitching" — We're in a pitching-rich era thanks to an ever-evolving approach by the game's hurlers.
- "Flying Blind" — Player evaluation in a pandemic is as difficult as it sounds.
- "Labor Pains" — Owners and players are set to face off — yet again.
- "Paradigm Shift" — The DH is coming to the National League at some point, and it will change the game.
- "Calendar of the Extraordinary" — A rundown of statistical milestones and oddities from the shortened 2020 season.
This year's edition also includes team-by-team previews of all 30 clubs, with rosters, stats, and schedules as well as a look at each club's farm system. No magazine will have you better prepared for Opening Day.