The long-awaited return of Odell Beckham Jr. might've just been postponed even further according to comments made by the free agent receiver on Thursday.
Beckham, initially rumored in October to be targeting a mid-November return to football, appeared on "The Shop" last night and provided an update on his health status and plans for the rest of this season.
When asked about a timeline for his return and if he's chosen his next team, Beckham said, "I haven’t made the decision...I’m not saying I couldn’t step in and play regular season, but I don’t see the point. I really don’t. I’d rather play when that pressure’s on.”
Odell Beckham Jr. suffered a torn ACL in Super Bowl LVI as a member of the Los Angeles Rams last season.
After failed contract negotiations between Los Angeles and Beckham this offseason, however, the receiver hit free agency and whispers surrounding his next team began to spread like wildfire.
The Cowboys, Giants, and Bills have long been rumored to be Odell's preferred destinations, though Dallas has become the prohibitive favorite in recent weeks.
The biggest question, though, isn't who Beckham will sign with - it's when or if he plans to make his return this season.
Earlier this week, Beckham reportedly told Micah Parsons that he'd be ready to play in five weeks, corroborating Beckham's preference to return in the playoffs rather than during the regular season.
Another reported sticking point in a potential Beckham return to football this year is contract length. The receiver is apparently looking for a multi-year deal that would keep him on a roster for longer than just this season.