Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for June 4.
• Robocop threw out the first pitch at the Tigers game yesterday. He short-hopped it. Can't Detroit do anything right?
• This is fun: NHL logos redone, Simpsons-style.
• Vine of the day: 50 Cent vs. Bartolo Colon.
• Runner-up for Vine of the day: Jose Abreu almost kills a guy with a screaming liner. Put your head on a swivel when Abreu's batting.
• Second runner-up for Vine of the day: A video glitch gives Brett Lawrie a rather jittery batting stance.
• So did Ben Tate diss Johnny Manziel or not? You be the judge.
• Max Scherzer puzzled over a crossword clue about himself. The most interesting thing about the story to me: Scherzer's eyes are two different colors.
• Wrestler Abdullah the Butcher gave another wrestler Hepatitis C in the ring. I'm going to go vomit now.
• The Cubs are giving away a Babe Ruth "called shot" bobblehead. Three problems here: It looks nothing like him; he never actually called his shot; and the Cubs are honoring a moment that was bad for them. Other than that, great idea.
• Slightly terrifying moment from the Rays-Marlins game. Terrifying for Casey McGehee, anyway.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]